How to make the best Corned Beef and Cabbage- Jamaican Style| My Sasun African Market
Hey lovers of My Sasun African Store, we are going Jamaican today! Yippee! Jamaican Corned Beef and Cabbage is a delicious and easy-to-make dish that is perfect for any busy weeknight. This dish is made with fresh cabbage and peppers, corned beef, and other aromatics that will make your tastebuds sing. The recipe is quick and easy to follow, and it can be served with white rice, bread, or on its own.
To make Jamaican Corned Beef and Cabbage, you will need the following ingredients:
INGREDIENTS FOR MAKING JAMAICAN CORNED BEEF AND CABBAGE
1 can of Exeter corned beef
1/2 head of cabbage, chopped
1 onion, chopped
1 green bell pepper, chopped
2 cloves garlic, minced
2 roma tomatoes, chopped
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 tablespoon ketchup
1/2 teaspoon scotch bonnet pepper sauce (optional)
Here are the steps to make Jamaican Corned Beef and Cabbage:
DIRECTIONS FOR MAKING JAMAICAN CORNED BEEF AND CABBAGE
- Heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a skillet or Dutch pot over medium-high heat.
- Add the onion and green pepper and sauté for about 3 minutes, or until softened.
- Add the garlic and stir for about 1 minute.
- Add the shredded cabbage and stir. Cook for about 3-5 minutes, stirring often until softened.
- Add the corned beef, roma tomatoes, thyme, and stir.
- Add 1 tablespoon of ketchup and stir.
- Add 1/2 teaspoon of scotch bonnet pepper sauce (optional) and stir.
- Reduce heat to medium and let this cook for 3 to 5 minutes, or until the corned beef is heated through.
Once you have finished cooking, serve the Jamaican Corned Beef and Cabbage with white rice, bread, or on its own. This dish is perfect for any busy weeknight, and it is sure to be a hit with your African family and friends. You know what’s more interesting? We have all the ingredients to make this delicacy at My Sasun African Market and we deliver to all states of the US and Canada!